Our school is a cooperative of the parents who belong to it, and we are dedicated to quality education for preschoolers and parents.
One purpose of preschool is to provide a place in which children can grow and learn as happily as possible. Our goals are to enhance the growth of the child by:
- Developing the child’s sense of self-worth.
- Developing a sense of trust in peers and adults.
- Developing a natural curiosity about the world.
- Developing communication skills.
- Helping each child learn how to handle his/her emotions and consider the feelings of others.
- Developing problem-solving skills.
- Providing a wide range of hands-on experiences in all areas of the curriculum which forms a basis of learning.
- Encouraging creativity.
Because you participate in the school, you continue to influence your child’s world while allowing for the slow growth of independence and social skills. You can learn about other children, share the tasks, trials and joys (!) of child rearing, and be part of a supportive adult community. Children see their parents, as well as other adults, in a cooperative atmosphere.
Our goals are also to enhance the growth of adults as parents by:
- Providing the opportunity to become involved in the educational process of your child.
- Offering informal daily discussion groups for the purpose of sharing feelings, ideas, problems and skills with others.
- Listening to parents’ concerns about their roles, responsibilities, feelings and needs.
- Providing child growth and development information.
- Encouraging parents to take time out from child rearing.
- Providing resources and community information.
The primary purpose of the parent education classes is to teach patterns of child development and techniques for effectively raising children, and to provide insights into the behavior of particular children.